- “Even though the data boom is relatively a recent phenomenon, around 90 per cent of the world’s data has been generated in the past two years only.
- However, in terms of usage, firms have only been able to scratch the surface by harnessing less than 1 per cent of those to extract useful insights.
- The current demand is led by the ecommerce segment, including FMCG/FMCD companies, where the demand for business analysts to understand buyers’ behaviour is high.
- LTI also conduct Hackathons to identify potential candidates with mathematics, statistics and data engineering backgrounds who showcase these traits.
- Analysts suggest that for every data scientist, companies will need five to seven data engineers and around 10-15 translators.”