“Anthony Goldbloom is the cofounder and CEO of Kaggle and in this talk, he speaks about the realistic views of losing jobs to AI and how there are jobs that will be lost, others that won’t and even some that will be created. His main point is to tell people that they should keep up with the technology and innovations coming in AI to have more opportunities to work with AI instead of against it.”
- “Artificial Intelligence is apparently ready to get to work. Over the next three years, as many as 120 million workers from the world’s 12 largest economies may need to be retrained because of advances in artificial intelligence and intelligent automation, according to a study released Friday by IBM’s Institute for Business Value.
- One report earlier this year found that robots could replace humans in a quarter of US jobs by 2030.”
“Are you overhyping digital transformation and AI?
Chambers: No. It’s the biggest trend in the last 30 years, since the commercialization of the Internet. Bigger even. It will produce an impact two or three times what the Internet did and in a much faster pace. It is accelerating.
Why are you so bullish on India?
Chambers: If you believe that digital transformation and AI are economic and social game changers, with a potential impact greater than the internet, then you look at how a country thinks about this for their future. PM Modi is the best leader in the world on this topic.”
- “Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman laid emphasis on the government’s plans to focus on areas like artificial intelligence, big data, and robotics in its skill-enhancement programs so as to develop capacities for the country’s dynamic participation in the so-called fourth industrial revolution.
- These policy developments must be understood in the context of a recent LinkedIn report, where India ranks 3rd in terms of penetration of AI skills among its workforce, followed by Israel and Germany even as the United States and China were the top two countries on the list.”
“‘What do these technologies mean for careers? What does a good career look like now? How can people starting their careers prepare for a lifetime of work? How do people in the middle of their careers proceed along career paths that are shifting or buckling?’ Here’s what Dokko told me, and how it can be helpful to you.”
- “Two startups incubated at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, have joined hands with a mission to create 1,00,000 experts in artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning by 2020.
- The mission of GUVI is to take technology skills to all deserving students. Demography should never be a barricade to acquire skills.”