“Amazon is launching Astro, its first household robot, powered by its Alexa smart home technology. The company said it can be remote-controlled when not at home, to check on pets, people, or home security. It can also patrol a home automatically and send owners a notification if it detects something unusual.”
- “The technology’s versatility is such that an OpenText survey found that nearly 80% of banks already recognize the benefits of AI. 75% of financial institutes already make use of this technology, and a further 46% plan to implement AI-based systems soon.
- Bank mobile apps can now incorporate AI-driven virtual assistants like Siri, using their voice and Touch ID to seamlessly perform transactions.
- Banks generate tremendous amounts of data based on millions of transactions that are performed every day, but the vast volume would make informed analysis an overwhelming task for human employees.”
“To set up an account on a website or app using a passkey, you first choose a username for the new account, then use FaceID or Touch ID to confirm that it’s really you who’s using the device. You don’t ever pick a password. Your device handles generation and storage of the passkey, which iCloud Keychain synchronizes across all your Apple devices.”
- “Across all industries and organizations, financial crime cost companies and organizations $1.45 trillion in 2019
- ‘There is this concept of values’ for AI, said Manuela Veloso, who besides her work for J.P. Morgan has worked as a professor in Carnegie Mellon University’s school of computer science. ‘First, we want AI to be able to eradicate financial crime.’”
- “‘Where [AI] can be leveraged in the future is by further automating analysis, automating responses and reducing staff’s eye-on-screen time,’ he said. ‘However, with any automation, you must balance that with having trained professionals to guide the tools. While AI and ML [machine learning] are great for replacing pools of personnel performing rote tasks, they will never replace instinct and experience. You still need someone to tailor the tools to your environment and company, and course-correct when needed.’”