- “Voysis, a Dublin-based startup, will join Apple and aim to improve Siri’s ability to understand a person’s natural language.
- In addition to Voysis, Apple acquired startups including Turi, Laserlike, and Xnor.ai in recent years.”
- “An acquisition spree by Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google and Microsoft eliminated potential rivals and concentrated brain power in this critical field.
- Last year saw a record 231 acquisitions of AI startups, up from 42 in 2014, according to data from CB Insights.”
“Apple’s iPhone 9 was expected to be unveiled in late March ahead of a release in stores in early April.
A new report says Apple’s release plans for the iPhone 9 have changed because of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, and the device will not be announced or released anytime soon.
The iPhone 9’s release date has supposedly been pushed back to summer or fall, and the iPhone 12 release might be delayed by up to 2 months as well.”
- “Siri virtual assistant is used by over 500 million customers worldwide.
- Employing a graph neural network (GNN)..,the coauthors say they managed to mitigate 87% of false triggers.
- In a recent study commissioned by the Washington Post, popular smart speakers made by Google and Amazon were 30% less likely to understand non-American accents”