“At the turn of this decade, there is a surge of no-code AI platforms. More and more businesses are looking to leverage the power of artificial intelligence to build smarter software-based products. But execution becomes an obstacle for many. It’s a challenge for startups to find people with relevant machine learning expertise as the field is always a work in progress.
Photo by UX Store on Unsplash”
- “According to data compiled by CB Insights, there have been a total of 635 artificial intelligence acquisitions between 2010 and September 2019.
- Leading the charge is Apple, with 20 acquisitions since the 2010 purchase of Siri.”
- “Voysis, a Dublin-based startup, will join Apple and aim to improve Siri’s ability to understand a person’s natural language.
- In addition to Voysis, Apple acquired startups including Turi, Laserlike, and Xnor.ai in recent years.”
- “An acquisition spree by Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google and Microsoft eliminated potential rivals and concentrated brain power in this critical field.
- Last year saw a record 231 acquisitions of AI startups, up from 42 in 2014, according to data from CB Insights.”
“Apple’s iPhone 9 was expected to be unveiled in late March ahead of a release in stores in early April.
A new report says Apple’s release plans for the iPhone 9 have changed because of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, and the device will not be announced or released anytime soon.
The iPhone 9’s release date has supposedly been pushed back to summer or fall, and the iPhone 12 release might be delayed by up to 2 months as well.”