Zapier: 60% of knowledge workers use automation to save time

  • “Marketers save the most time due to automation tools, an average of 25 hours saved each week, followed by IT professionals at 20 hours, customer service representatives at 16 hours and HR professionals at eight hours
  • nearly 30% of knowledge workers say they received a raise or promotion as a result of using automation software.
  • Additionally, knowledge workers say using automation tools improved their morale (35%), competence (34%), and confidence (32%) at work.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/venturebeat.com/2021/08/20/zapier-60-of-knowledge-workers-use-automation-to-save-time/amp/

How a “Human++” Approach Can Empower Bank Employees and Drastically Improve Efficiency and Effectiveness

  • “AI and Automation has the potential to drastically transform front to back-office operations using a next generation workforce.
  • The solution executes 95% of requests and assigns only the remaining 5% exceptional cases to staff.
  • Not only has there been a 92% increase in productivity due to elimination of manual effort, but the time needed to process a request is down by an astounding 97%”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.paymentsjournal.com/how-a-human-approach-can-empower-bank-employees-and-drastically-improve-efficiency-and-effectiveness/amp/

Don’t fear AI. It will lead to long-term job growth.

  • “By 2030, AI will lead to an estimated $15.7 trillion, or 26% increase, in global GDP, based on PwC’s Global Artificial Intelligence Study.
  • In its “Future of Jobs Report 2020,” the World Economic Forum estimates that 85 million jobs will be displaced while 97 million new jobs will be created across 26 countries by 2025.
  • In the next few years, 3% of jobs will be potentially automated by AI, according to PwC’s report ‘Will robots really steal our jobs?’”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/worldeconomicforum/2020/10/26/dont-fear-ai-it-will-lead-to-long-term-job-growth/amp/

Will automation eliminate data science positions?

  • “The most important question in data science is not which machine learning algorithm to choose or even how to clean your data. It is the questions you need to ask before even one line of code is written: What data do you choose and what questions do you choose to ask of that data?
  • So while parts of core machine learning are automated (in fact, we even teach some of the ways to automate those workflows), the data munging, data cleaning and feature engineering (which comprises 90% of the real work in data science) cannot be safely automated away.”

Will automation eliminate data science positions?

Image Credits: Westend61 (opens in a new window) / Getty Images

Parabola no-code platform raises $8M Series A as it focuses on eCommerce

“Company founder and CEO Alex Yaseen sees the tool as a way to bring programming-like automation to anyone who deals with data tasks on a regular basis, particularly in a spreadsheet. “We’re a drag and drop productivity tool, and we like to say we bring the power of programming to everybody,” Yaseen told TechCrunch.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2020/08/11/parabola-no-code-platform-raises-8m-series-a-as-it-focuses-on-ecommerce/amp/

Image Credits: Melpomenem / Getty Images