- “The world is seeing a faster digital transformation —starting from massive use of artificial intelligence, or AI, to cloud adoption— following the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Shenzhen-based tech giant Huawei forecasts 97 percent of all large enterprises will implement AI by 2025. AI will also power 77 percent of all cloud applications.
- ‘The pandemic has pushed a fast forward button for digital transformation around the globe,’ he added.”
“China now has a total of 15 national AI champions since it started this initiative in 2017.
Beijing named its first batch of national AI champions in 2017. These include:
- Baidu for autonomous driving
- Alibaba Group Holding for smart city initiatives
- Tencent Holdings for computer vision in medical diagnosis
- iFlyTek for speech recognition
- SenseTime was added last year, with its focus on intelligent vision.
- New York-listed Alibaba is the parent company of the South China Morning Post.”