- “Artificial Intelligence focuses on performing 3 cognitive skills just like a human – learning, reasoning, and self-correction.
- Artificial Narrow Intelligence – systems are designed and trained to complete one specific task and are often termed as Weak AI / Narrow AI.
- Artificial General Intelligence is when the AI systems/machines would perform on par with another human. This also means the ability of the machine to interpret and understand human tone and emotions and act accordingly. This is also called Strong AI
- Artificial Super Intelligence/Super AI is when an Artificial Intelligent machine would become self-aware and surpass human’s intelligence and ability.
- Machine Learning is naturally a subset of AI. It provides the statistical methods and algorithms and enables the machines/computers to learn automatically from their previous experiences and data and allows the program to change its behavior accordingly.
- Deep Learning can be thought of as the evolution of Machine Learning which takes inspiration from the functioning of the human brain. Deep Learning is used to solve complex problems where the data is huge, diverse, less structured. Deep learning models are built on top of Artificial Neural Networks, which mimic how the human brain works.”
“‘The Hamiltonian is really the ‘special sauce’ that gives neural networks the ability to learn order and chaos,’ says corresponding author John Lindner, a visiting researcher at North Carolina State University’s Nonlinear Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (NAIL) and professor of physics at the College of Wooster.
‘With the Hamiltonian, the neural network understands underlying dynamics in a way that a conventional network cannot. This is a first step toward physics-savvy neural networks that could help us solve hard problems.’”
“Can A.I. make music? Can it feel excitement and fear? Is it alive? Will.i.am and Mark Sagar push the limits of what a machine can do. How far is too far, and how much further can we go?
The Age of A.I. is a 8 part documentary series hosted by Robert Downey Jr. covering the ways Artifial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Neural Networks will change the world.”
- “More than 13,000 artificial intelligence mavens flocked to Vancouver this week for the world’s leading academic AI conference, NeurIPS.
- “All of the models that we have learned how to train are about passing a test or winning a game with a score, [but] so many things that intelligences do aren’t covered by that rubric at all,” said Aguera y Arcas.
- emerging field called metalearning concerned with crafting learning algorithms that can devise their own learning algorithms.”
PHOTOGRAPH: RENAUD PHILIPPE/THE NEW YORK TIMES/REDUX
“Deep Learning, on the other hand, is a very young field of Artificial Intelligence that is powered by artificial neural networks.
It can be viewed again as a subfield of Machine Learning since Deep Learning algorithms also require data in order to learn to solve tasks. Although methods of Deep Learning are able to perform the same tasks as classic Machine Learning algorithms, it is not the other way round.
Artificial neural networks have unique capabilities that enable Deep Learning models to solve tasks that Machine Learning models could never solve”