I love this type of post…it’s a data goldmine.
- Ecommerce in the US has grown rapidly. In 2017 Americans spent a total of $435 billion shopping online, according to the Ecommerce Foundation. With an annual growth rate of over 15%.
- Even though Amazon is clearly the leading online retailer in the US with a market share of over 50%, followed by Walmart (14%) and Apple (6%)
- US consumers like to be informed about deals. 96% of shoppers report seeing recommendations while shopping, but only 17% of them find these suggestions relevant.
- A recent Deloitte Insights survey found that more than 60 percent of shoppers prefer online channels.
- According to a new Gartner forecast, “Global retail sector technology spending will grow 3.6 percent to reach almost $203.6 billion in 2019, with similar growth rates for the next two years.”