World Economic Forum founder Klaus Schwab in the WEF building in Geneva, Switzerland. Vera Hartmann—13 Photo/Redux
- “In recent months, to give just a few examples, Alphabet’s Waymo division launched America’s first commercial self-driving taxi service; China’s Xinhua News introduced the world’s first A.I.-powered news anchor; and Lockheed Martin began 3D-printing parts for its F-35 fighter jets.
- First, businesses must proactively collaborate to create new norms around technology.
- Hence, my second point of action: Now’s the time for business leaders of all stripes to experiment more and faster.
- Third, businesses need to adopt adequate strategies to respond to technology-driven risks
- Last, business leaders must do more to understand the wider context in which they operate and the unintended consequences their actions may have, and revise their strategies accordingly.”