“Researchers are continually publishing effective AI models. Hardware is a commodity. But build the highest-quality proprietary dataset and you’ll crush the competition every time.”
I had a day off and the electrician took down my power for the day so I had some much anticipated time on my hands. And just as any other geek would do…I used the time to tear through an unsolicited but gratis book I received in the mail over the holidays.
The book titled, “Become An AI Company in 90 Days,” was written by Kevin Dewalt and produced by Russ Rands.
The book is broken into 4 parts including:
- AI Fundamentals
- Discovering AI Opportunities
- Building a Winning Strategy
- Launching Your First AI Product
Here’s the scoop:
- Author is legitimate and knows his stuff (Stanford AI experience)
- He has clearly worked with some large corporations based on some of his anecdotes (policy and cross functional alignment will be some of the toughest challenges)
- The instructions are specific and practical (top of line system for under $5K and reasonable data set size…good rule of thumb is 50,000 labeled examples)
- Book length of 132 pages is easily consumable in an afternoon
- Content is well written and understandable without an advanced degree in mathematics
- Includes examples that help bring the material to life (automated claims processing for the AI Canvas tool)
My Review: It’s a solid “A” and I recommend you check it out.
Get a free copy: https://prolego.io/book.html
Note: I do not have any personal or professional connection to the authors, and I do not have any financial interest in the company or the book