Rick Burke, Head of Corporate Products and Services at TD Bank, commented that “the varied responses indicate that the technology’s specific capabilities and implications are still a great unknown for many finance professionals.”
- 90 percent of treasury and finance professionals think that blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) will positively affect the payments industry
- 14 percent of the respondents said that their organization has training strategies for blockchain.
- 45 percent of the respondents said their organization has training strategies for data and analytics
- 29 percent of respondents think that the top impact of DLT and blockchain is its ability to enhance audit trails.
- 22 percent thinks the top potential of this technology is speeding up the payment process
- 21 percent think it’s improving cross-border payments
- 18 percent said reducing payments fraud.