“The Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) met in Hawaii last week, and among topics discussed was the roadmap for AI research in the United States for the next 20 years.
The priorities set in the report could shape government policy and funding, national security, and people’s personal lives through health care, personalized education, and evidence-based social policy.
Major themes discussed in the town hall that may be part of the final report include:
• Integration of key AI systems
• Better understanding of human intelligence and emotion
• Training robots to learn by example
• How people interact with AI systems
Recommendations are still being gathered and refined but include:
• An open national AI platform
• Broaden AI education in high schools and colleges
• Create contextually intelligent AI that act as a lifelong assistant”