“As expected, Google used the second day of its annual Cloud Next conference to shine a spotlight on its AI tools.
The highlight of today’s announcements is the beta launch of the company’s AI Platform.
- One of these new features is AutoML Tables, which takes existing tabular data that may sit in Google’s BigQuery database or in a storage service and automatically creates a model that will predict the value of a given column.
- Also new is AutoML Video Intelligence (now in beta), which can automatically annotate and tag video, using object recognition to classify video content and make it searchable.
- For detecting objects in photos, Google also today launched the beta of AutoML Vision
- Google also today announced the beta of its Document Understanding API. This is a new platform that can automatically analyze scanned or digital documents.
- Contact Center AI. This service, which was built with partners like Twilio, Vonage, Cisco, Five9, Genesys and Mitel, offers a full contact center AI solution that uses tools like Dialogflow and Google’s text-to-speech capabilities to allow its users to build a virtual agent system (and when things go awry, it can pass the customer to a human agent).
- Google Cloud Retail. This service combines the company’s Vision Product Search, Recommendations AI and AutoML Tables into a single solution for tackling retail use cases. “