“FreightWaves spoke with Michael (Mike) White, President of CNS and host of this year’s conference, who pointed out that e-commerce is growing at twice the rate of domestic trade and “changing so many of the things we do” in air cargo. Boeing estimates that the global e-commerce market will grow 20 percent per year to $4.9 trillion in 2021. The FreightWaves SONAR index (RESL.ONLN) for electronic shopping and mail-order house sales tracks well and portrays this rapid U.S. e-commerce growth, averaging nearly 14 percent annually since 2014.
Among topics to be addressed using this format include
- “The Effects of eCommerce on Customs,”
- “Automating the Acceptance of Dangerous Goods,”
- “Increasing Operational Efficiency in Air Cargo by AI and AR,”
- “Economic Update – Future of eCommerce,”
- “Need for Speed and Meeting Customer Expectations in the World of eCommerce” and
- “Customs and Security Challenges in the Fast-Growing eCommerce Sector.” “