Let me begin by acknowledging that I’m a full-fledged data geek. With that in mind, these are my favorite articles. Forbes has just published a consolidated list of 50 Retail/CX stats. Plus, the data is from top-tier sources. This is literally gold when it comes to developing a business case for capital funding.
Check out the Forbes site for the full list, but here are a few of my favorites:
- “In 2018, 51% of e-commerce brands offered same-day delivery, up from 16% in 2017. Experts predict that within the next two years, 65% of retailers will offer same-day delivery. – BRP Consulting
- 87% of consumers begin their shopping journey with digital, a jump from 71% in 2017. – Salesforce
- 48% of shoppers have left a brand’s website and made a purchase from a competitor because of a poorly personalized experience. – Marketing Dive
- 87% of customers will abandon their online carts if the checkout process is too difficult. – PRWeb
- 82% of consumers consult their phones while they’re in a store deciding what product to buy. One in 10 of those people end up buying a different product than they had planned. – Think With Google
- By 2020, more than 40% of data analytics projects will relate to customer experience. – Gartner”