“Black Friday 2018 did not disappoint, pulling in $6.22 billion in online sales — up 23.6% from 2017 and setting “a new high,” according to Adobe Analytics. The Friday after Thanksgiving 2018 was also the first day in history to see more than $2 billion in sales come from smartphones.
How then can companies avoid online pitfalls and prepare for busy digital shopping days? Here are nine tips to stay one step ahead:
1. Prepare e-commerce systems to handle the charge
2. Keep inventory up to date
3. Double down on the mobile experience…
4. …For your “brick-and-mortar” sales as well
5. Leverage social content
6. Anticipate shoppers’ wishes
7. Don’t just analyze purchases — analyze search!
8. Be flexible with merchandising
9. Turn first-time holiday shoppers into engaged customers”