“So much so that it was recently reported that they (Amazon) have more than a 30% share of the UK’s ecommerce market.
Here are just a few of the practices of Amazon which can be emulated by SMEs through investment in an ecommerce personalisation platform.
- Personal references – ‘Hello John’
- Recently viewed – link to their recent browsing history
- Intelligent search – predict what products their customers are searching for as soon as a letter is typed
- Recommenders – recommend other products
- Product Recommendation Types – bundling recommendations into many different types
- Cross selling and upselling – suggests additional purchases”