- “Most consumers are reaching for their phones or laptops first when it comes time to conduct routine financial tasks. PYMNTS data shows 70% of United States consumers at larger financial institutions (FIs) report this is the case.
- 41% of individuals in the same report stating mobile as their preferred banking channel of choice.
- 478 million households will count as “smart homes” by 2025 — filled with devices they will increasingly tap for banking and payments.
- 31% of U.S. consumers now have voice-activated speakers in their homes, for example, with a rising number of these owners making use of the devices for payments.
- 35.3 million wearable payment devices were sold in the first half of the year, indicating significant interest on the part of consumers.”
About the Tracker