- “The number of patent filings related to AI innovations in 2021 is 30 times greater than the filings in 2015
- For image classification, the most popular database used to train AI models is called ImageNet.
- The cost to train it has come down as well, dropping by over 60 percent since 2018. Meanwhile, a system that would’ve taken 6 minutes to train in 2018 would now only take a little over 13 seconds.
- Across the US in 2021, California, Texas, New York, and Virginia had the highest demand for AI-related occupations.
- Private investment in AI is at an all-time high, totalling $93.5 billion in 2021 (double the amount from 2020).”