- “Customers are pivoting to competitors that offer more personalised, bespoke experiences, leaving retail banks lagging behind. That’s according to the World Retail Banking Report 2022 (WRBR) published by Capgemini and Efma.
- The survey showed that 75% of customers are attracted to the cost-effective, seamless services offered by fintechs and traditional banks simply cannot keep up.
- In the report’s ‘Voice of the Customer’ survey, three quarters of respondents said they are attracted to agile fintech competitors as they offer fast, easy-to-use products and superior customer experiences. Conversely, around half said their current banking relationships were neither rewarding nor emotionally connected, and 52% said banking was not ‘fun’.
- According to the survey, more than 70% of banking executives said traditional banks lack data and analytics capabilities.
- ‘While this has evolved within many of these incumbents’ digital channels, customers still expect branches to be experience centres, filled with self-service options and financial advice. By strengthening their ability to collect and analyse data, providers can identify what customers want, which ultimately is consistent omnichannel banking experiences.’”