I setup a test account over the weekend to check out the new virtual agent from Wells – named Fargo. Here’s a quick overview of the strengths, opportunities and observations.
- I like the full screen UI/UX as opposed to a smaller pop-up
- Enjoyed the “Show me what Fargo can do” option
- Nice touch with graphs and visuals incorporated into the chat responses
- Large readable font with concise messages
- There needs to be an option to go “back” to the previous step in the discussion thread
- Fargo does well with most 2-3 word questions. However it struggles if customers chat in phrases or sentences. It’s also doesn’t recognize terms like loan payoff
- In November, ChatGPT established a new bar for the chatbot, virtual agent experience. Customers and members that use ChatGPT on a regular basis will expect that same experience within their digital banking solutions. Yet, many of the in-house builds and vendor solutions are just not that advanced…yet.