“Customers enjoy doing a mix of online and in-store shopping, and that’s no different in fashion,” Simoina Vasen, the managing director of Amazon Style, told CNN. “There’s so many great brands and designers, but discovering them isn’t always easy.”
- “People looking to scoop up Cyber Monday deals spent 1.4% less this year than last, according to the Adobe Digital Economy Index, with online sales in the US on Monday totaling $10.7 billion. Salesforce had a different result for Cyber Monday, saying sales rose 3% from 2020 to $12.3 billion this year.
- Salesforce said spending was up 4% from last year for the full week leading up to Cyber Monday, hitting $61 billion.
- Amazon, the country’s largest online retailer, didn’t provide any sales figures, but said it was the company’s ‘biggest kickoff to the holiday shopping season ever.’”
“Amazon is launching Astro, its first household robot, powered by its Alexa smart home technology. The company said it can be remote-controlled when not at home, to check on pets, people, or home security. It can also patrol a home automatically and send owners a notification if it detects something unusual.”
- “The system uses computer vision, sensor fusion and deep learning to eliminate checkout lines. Upon entering a Whole Foods store, customers will have three ways to begin using the “Just Walk Out” system — they can scan the QR code in the Whole Foods Market or Amazon app, hover their palm using Amazon One, or insert a credit or debit card linked to their Amazon account.”
- “RBL Bank has chosen Amazon Web Services (AWS), the cloud computing arm of Amazon.com, to strengthen its artificial intelligence (AI)-based banking solutions and drive digital transformation at the bank.
- ‘The bank’s AI Centre of Excellence worked with AWS to create a templatized framework to roll out use cases using Amazon SageMaker to quickly and easily build, train, and deploy machine learning (ML) models as part of the Bank’s larger AI roadmap,’ AWS said in a statement.”