- “By 2022, customer service will remain the leading area of AI use in companies (say 73% of respondents), followed by sales and marketing (59%), a part of the business that just a third of surveyed executives had tapped into as of 2019.
- ‘I think the next big wave is that notion of a digital profile where you and I can control what we do and don’t want to share—I would be willing to share a little bit more if I got a much better experience.’”
- “The usual narrative goes like this: Without the constraints on data collection that liberal democracies impose and with the capacity to centrally direct greater resource allocation, the Chinese will outstrip the West.
- China’s greatest advantage in AI is less surveillance than a vast shadow workforce actively labeling data fed into algorithms.
- Under the leadership of Audrey Tang and her Sunflower and g0v movements, almost half of Taiwan’s population has joined a national participatory data-governance and -sharing platform that allows citizens to self-organize the use of data, demand services in exchange for these data,
- Most impressively, tools growing out of this approach have been critical to Taiwan’s best-in-the-world success at containing the Covid-19 pandemic, with only 49 cases to date in a population of more than 20 million at China’s doorstep.
- To paraphrase Edmund Burke, all that is necessary for the triumph of an AI-driven, automation-based dystopia is that liberal democracy accept it as inevitable.”
- “Today, with the public launch of Obviously AI, a no-code platform designed to put the power of machine learning and analytics in the hands of non-technical business users, this solution can enable anyone to access crucial information and data predictions, simply by asking questions in natural language.
- Users do not need any familiarity with writing complex SQL queries or working with programming languages to code regressions, neural networks and other ML algorithms.
- All the user needs to get started is a CSV file and a question they want to ask. The platform is available in Free, Pro and Pro Plus versions.”
Obviously AI Rolls Out First Natural Language-Powered Machine Learning Platform for Predicting Outcomes from Any Data
Obviously.ai – https://www.obviously.ai
“Retailers are deploying artificial intelligence both online and in-store to help analyze data, deliver unique customer experiences (both onsite and online) and manage their back-end operations. PetSmart will discuss how it is deploying AI to manage its IT operations, and Amazon Pay will discuss the role of voice-based AI technologies in reshaping customer interactions.”
NRF Big Show 2020
“A Glimpse at the Numbers
- 37% cite limited AI expertise or knowledge as a hinderance from successful AI adoption at their business
- 78% of respondents across all countries surveyed say it is very or critically important that they can trust that their AI’s output is fair, safe, and reliable.
- Companies currently deploying AI technologies are more likely to use a hybrid cloud (38% adopted) or hybrid multicloud (17% adopted), as AI success is fed by data.”