- “At the recent Data for AI 2020 conference, Khalifeh Al Jadda shared deep insights into how The Home Depot is tackling these existential retail issues
- Home Depot has built a state-of-the-art sentiment analysis system which automates the process of understanding customers complaints as well as the features that customers like about our products.
- We have seen lift in the engagement and conversion rates after deploying these advanced data-driven techniques especially when those techniques enable personalized experience.”
- “Lowe’s Cos. Inc. is following the distant footsteps of chief competitor Home Depot Inc. with the purchase of retail analytics technology from vendor Boomerang Commerce.
- Home Depot bought data-driven retail pricing startup BlackLocus in 2012 to bolster its pricing strategy, he says.
- Lowe’s CEO Marvin Ellison said late last year that the company plans to spend $500 million per year through 2021 on technology and to hire more than 2,000 engineers to improve Lowes.com
- Internet Retailer estimates Lowe’s had ecommerce sales of $3.97 billion in 2018, up 30.0% from $3.06 billion in 2017.”
Guru Hariharan. Chief Executive Officer