“It runs on OpenAI Codex, which translates natural language into code. I believe we are seeing significant real word progress with AI and its ability to create productive content, in this case, automate workflows with data given to it. This powerful tool allows people with little to no programming experience to create flows. I imagine this integration of OpenAI Codex would be useful with Microsoft’s Process Advisor, where Process Advisor tells you what would be efficient to automate. Then Power Automate automates it for you. I believe the goal would be to support all Microsoft 365 and third-party apps for creating a flow and, eventually, creating full business applications simply by describing the app.”
“If you believe Facebook, the future is a virtual reality “metaverse.”
The tech giant, which changed its name to Meta last month, plans to invest $10 billion this year to develop products that support augmented and virtual reality — a robotic hand, high-tech VR glasses and sophisticated software applications, to name just a few. Analysts expect the company to spend at least $50 billion to achieve its promise of a virtual reality future.
But Meta is far from the only player. In fact, a half-dozen other companies are already building out the hardware and software that will be the next generation of virtual interaction — something Wall Street sees as a $1 trillion market. The companies include Google, Microsoft, Apple, Valve and others building out products for work and communication. Smaller startups are likely to join them as investors flood into the market.”
- “Microsoft is delighted to announce that Domino’s Pizza Enterprises has signed a three-year strategic technology and services agreement to use Azure to help accelerate the company’s modernisation and expansion plans.
- Despite the constraints of the global pandemic Domino’s continues to grow rapidly; in the last financial year it served 281 million pizzas, opened 285 new stores around the world, and recorded $3.7 billion worth of network sales. This financial year it expects to open a further 500 stores.”
- “Microsoft said it will pair Suplari with Microsoft Dynamics 365 ‘to help customers maximize financial visibility by using AI to automate the analysis of current data and historical patterns from multiple data sources.’
- Suplari analyzes procurement and spending data flowing into various enterprise systems. It can provide recommendations for cost savings, risk exposure, and other efficiency gaps. The software serves as an alternative to compiling data in an app such as Excel or Tableau and having a team of analysts comb through the information themselves. Suplari manages more than $180 billion in spend across millions of transactions per month.”
- “Xiaoice, a Chinese chatbot developed by Microsoft in 2014, is different from other AI assistants.
- With Xiaoice integrated in almost all Chinese-brand smartphones, the company is training its algorithms on data from 758 million online users.
- Its AI framework has enabled users to create over 6 million…customized “AI beings” that can have completely different personalities from the original Xiaoice.”