- “Smith said Microsoft is focusing on six strategies to ensure responsible AI – to ensure AI is fair and unbiased; secure and safe; protects people’s privacy; inclusive; transparent; and accountable.
- “These issues around facial recognition go to the heart of democratic freedoms, and it will be the world’s great democracies that need to lead the way…There should be safeguards put in place including in the law to ensure that government cannot use facial recognition in a way that would impinge on our most cherished democratic freedoms,” he added.”
- “Microsoft Corp., Walmart Inc. and Oracle Corp. have all expressed interest in the breakout app, the success of which rests on addictive video feeds powered by ByteDance’s AI-driven content-recommendation engine.
- China announced new restrictions on artificial-intelligence technology exports that could further complicate the sale of TikTok’s U.S. operations, while intensifying the tech battle between the world’s two largest economies.”
- “At its Build developer conference, Microsoft today announced that it has teamed up with OpenAI…to create one of the world’s fastest supercomputers
- Microsoft says that the 285,000-core machine would have ranked in the top five of the TOP500 supercomputer rankings.
- To be in the top five of supercomputers, a machine would currently have to reach more than 23,000 teraflops per second. It’s also worth noting that the No. 1 machine, the IBM Power System-based Summit, reaches over 148,000 teraflops”
“Smart To-Do is an AI feature that scans your outgoing emails for actionable text and turns your self-given tasks into items on an automatically generated to-do list.”