- “RPA is typically programmed upfront but can break when the applications it works with change.
- Cognitive automation requires more in-depth training and may need updating as the characteristics of the data set evolve.
- ‘RPA is a technology that takes the robot out of the human, whereas cognitive automation is the putting of the human into the robot,’ said Wayne Butterfield, a director at ISG, a technology research and advisory firm.”
- “In case of the finance industry, artificial intelligence and machine language both have several applications. Chatbots, robotic process automation are some of the examples of such applications of AI in finance.
- According to a report, using AI technology, financial sectors can save up to $447 billion by 2023.”
- “Forrester estimates that RPA and other AI subfields created jobs for 40% of companies in 2019 and that a tenth of startups now employ more digital workers than human ones.
- According to a McKinsey survey, at least a third of activities could be automated in about 60% of occupations.
- And in its recent Trends in Workflow Automation report, Salesforce found that 95% of IT leaders are prioritizing workflow automation, with 70% seeing the equivalent of more than four hours of savings per employee each week.”
“At Dreamforce 2020, Salesforce unveiled Einstein Automate, an automation platform designed to help customers automate workflows and connect applications using the low-code or no-code tools. Robotic process automation is a key part of enterprise digital transformation strategies and I had a chance to speak with John Kucera, SVP of Product Management for Automation at Salesforce, about Einstein Automate, how the company is using AI as part of its automation solution, the kinds of tasks Salesforce customers are automating, whether he believes automation will lead to fewer jobs and when we’ll be able to talk to Tableau like we do a smart speaker. The following is a transcript of our interview, edited for readability.”
- “UiPath is raising more cash. The New York-based company just announced a $750 million Series F round that pushes its valuation to $35 billion.”