“Thirty-six percent of Americans note they are hitting the digital links to give gifts and cheer this year, despite 60% feeling that cyber scams become more prevalent during the holiday season.”
- “Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) are making productive inroads in the cybersecurity space.
- AI and ML can help by processing and analyzing massive amounts of data to spot unusual trends, behavior, and patterns in what is known as anomaly or fraud detection. It’s an essential tool to help stop crime in the world of finance.”
“Smart Homes were in the past viewed as a luxury, with their primary purpose being to serve as a show piece for the owners. This reality has changed substantially, both because of the development of newer technologies like Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), and also because of simultaneously occurring social changes that are occurring in our everyday lives.”
- “‘I think almost all large banks are being asked now by regulators to go back and identify any ML/AI solution that’s brought into the bank because the implication of that is, if the wrong algorithm is being used, you are going to decline credit or you’re going to have impact to the customers.’
- ‘A lot of the companies have survived either by acquiring them or by re-emerging differently. I think banks have to do that. I think it’s a matter of time,’ Telang said.”
- “In 2017, a unique cyberattack was reported by a renowned cybersecurity firm Darktrace. In this, machine learning was used to observe and learn normal user behavior patterns within a network. The malicious software started to copy normal behavior combining it into the background which became difficult for security tools to identify it.
- Failure by governments to take proactive measures to ensure the security of AI systems “is going to come back to bite us,” Omar Al Olama, minister of state for artificial intelligence for the United Arab Emirates, warned.”
DarkTrace – https://www.darktrace.com/en/