“According to a 2020 eMarketer study, 38.5% of the U.S. population use voice assistants to connect with their smartphones or other gadgets, double-digit growth over the last year attributed to increased stay-at-home behavior.”
- “According to research by MIT Sloan Management Review and the Boston Consulting Group, the challenge of achieving data and analytics maturity has moved from understanding the power of AI to actually recognizing the financial benefits of the technology. Unfortunately, the research found that only 10% of companies that deploy AI actually realize significant financial benefits.
- A survey done after the pandemic impacted banking found that 75% of financial institutions considered themselves “not adept” at using data and analytics for the determination of “next best action” for marketing purposes.”
“Three of the most common reasons holiday shoppers would stop buying from a brand or retailer this year are about delivery:
* No or discontinued free shipping – 42 percent
* Long delivery windows – 29 percent
* If the brand/retailer has no/poor tracking around shipping timelines/delays – 21 percent”
- “The chatbot industry is expected to grow to over $9 billion annually by 2024.
- Voice searching is expected to grow a whopping 1,900 percent by 2022, and for good reason: Voice searching is akin to having a digital personal assistant, which makes the consumer feel more taken care of and understood.
- the e-commerce drone industry is projected to grow to more than $7 billion through 2022 because no one wants to wait for their package”
“Thirty-six percent of Americans note they are hitting the digital links to give gifts and cheer this year, despite 60% feeling that cyber scams become more prevalent during the holiday season.”