“Retailers expect an average revenue increase of 28.7% over the same period in 2018
In addition, companies expect a 22% hike year-over-year on Cyber Monday, and 29% for the season as a whole.
All that said, brands are bedeviled by many challenges. Here are the main ones:
• Delivery logistics — 27.8%
• Discounting eating into margin — 22.9%
• How to retain customers after Black Friday — 24.8%
• Optimizing my website — 24.8%”
- “To enable personalization and customer satisfaction—and acquire customers—more marketing dollars are being apportioned to investments in artificial intelligence and customer data platforms.
- For the 2019 holiday season, brands are boosting their technology spend and investing in artificial intelligence (AI) to enable personalization, according to the report.
- DTC brands plan to increase marketing spending for AI by 56%, compared with 41% of incumbent brands.”
How Leading Retailers and Direct-to-Consumer Brands Are Investing in Digital
Visit Oracle Report