“One of the specified gains for Deutsche Bank is access to Google’s artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and data science capabilities. Its overall focus will be to harness this technology in order to make digital and online financial services simpler, faster and easier.
Other use cases could include cash flow forecasting, augmented risk analytics and superior security for customer accounts.”
“Consumer data from the retail app Ibotta shows how our buying habits have changed since the pandemic began.
- One change is obvious – online shopping was up nearly 79% from a year ago.
- The data show that Austinites are drinking at home more. Beer sales are up 77%, wine sales up 72% (rosé is the most-preferred wine) and spirits sales increased 76.6%.
- Texans have big plans for the outdoors this summer, buying 85% more sunscreen this year than last and 75% more pool toys.”
“A key tenet of our personalization model is that the more information clients share, the better we are able to personalize their recommendations. We are usually able to adapt the model based on feedback from our clients; however, rules-based systems aren’t generally adaptive. We need the system to learn from client feedback on the outfits it recommends. We’re receiving immensely helpful feedback, from how clients engage with the outfit recommendations and also from a custom-built internal QA system.
Style Profile: When a client signs up for Stitch Fix, we receive 90 different data points — from style to price point to size.
Feedback at checkout: 85% of our clients tell us why they are keeping or returning an item. This is incredibly rich data, including details on fit and style — no other retailer gets this level of feedback.
Style Shuffle: an interactive feature within our app and on our website where clients can “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” an image of an item or an outfit. They can do this at any time — so not just when they receive a Fix. So far, we’ve received an incredible 4 billion item ratings from clients.
Personalized request notes to Stylists: Clients give their Stylists specific requests, such as if they are looking for an outfit for an event, or if they’ve seen an item that they really like.”
- “The number of Zoom meetings jumped from a pre-Covid 10 million daily-meeting participants in 2019 to a whopping 300 million in April 2020.
- As of April 21, U.S. and Canadian e-commerce orders have grown by 129% year-over-year, while global online retail orders have achieved an impressive 146% growth.
- According to a Coresight Research report and pre-Covid-19 projections from Statista, the reality-technology market, which includes augmented reality and virtual reality, is forecast to reach $18.8 billion in 2020.”
“Stanford AI4ALL aims to increase diversity in the field of Artificial Intelligence. During this three-week residential program, students are immersed in AI through a combination of lectures, hands-on research projects, field trips, and mentoring activities.”