- “Join retail leaders at the industry’s premier AI digital event, Transform 2021, hosted July 12-16.
- Hear from top retail industry experts on strategy and technology in the main application areas of AI/ML Automation Technology, RPA, data analytics, conversational AI, intelligent AI assistants, AI at the edge, IoT, computer vision, AR/VR, & robotics.”
- “Big-box retailer Walmart is using artificial intelligence (AI) to aid customers and personal shoppers and better handle still-surging online demand for groceries amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- ‘Walmart’s solution was to use artificial intelligence to help both customers and Personal Shoppers choose the best substitute for an out-of-stock item,’”
“Amazon’s newest physical grocery store opening in the Seattle area this week is unique as it will feature the company’s “Just Walk Out” cashierless technology. It’s the first time the tech has come to a full-size store and marks a milestone for Amazon given the cost and complexity of implementing such a system.”
- “The AI in a Post-COVID-19 World report by GBSN Research recently found that three-quarters of business leaders have a positive outlook on AI and expect it will not only make processes more efficient but will also help create new products, services, and business models.
- This is backed up by another report from management solutions provider OneStream, which found that the use of AI tools like machine learning has jumped from about 20% of enterprises in 2020 to nearly 60% in 2021.”
- “Over 8,400 retail stores across the United States closed in 2020.
- ‘There’s a sort of misconception that e-commerce growth means the end of the store, that e-commerce essentially eliminates the need for the store, both for retailers and for customers…And the reality is, it doesn’t.’
- But customer preferences are evolving, and COVID-19 sped up that process. If retailers want to survive in the world of tomorrow, they will need to embrace the innovations of an omnichannel strategy.”