“Another fun fact: nearly half of US consumers say they’re more likely to make purchases with companies that personalize experiences, according to Accenture.
It’s estimated that by 2020, eCommerce businesses who use a smart personalization software will see as much as a 15% increase in their profits, according to Gartner.
Following a recent 3-month long in-home delivery pilot program launched by smart lock maker August, 90% of clients who participated later said that if the service of in-house deliveries from merchants would continue to be available, they were happy enough with it to want to continue using the service.
With 42% of B2C customers being influenced to purchase following a good customer service experience, according to Zendesk, it’s no surprise that eCommerce is looking to AI bots to help convert users.
Gartner predicted that by 2020, over 85% of all customer support communications for online businesses will be done using AI, not customer service representatives.
ECommerce marketers can use AI and CRM to identify and create uber-accurate personas of your users.
“The ability to quickly create ads is crucial for a merchant like TechStyle given that its product catalog is regularly changing. Now, roughly 30% of the retailer’s ads are created via the Smartly.io platform. That’s helped boost the retailer’s click-through rate on Facebook ads to nearly 1.0%, roughly double its previous 0.5% rate.”
“JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA – Media OutReach – 18 January 2019 – There is so much more in store for the African retail industry. According to research conducted by PWC, many sub-Saharan African countries have emerged among the world’s fastest-growing economies. This kind of development is due, in part, to a great deal of economic and social change, but also because of the rapid advancement in technology and changing consumer trends.
Key topics to be discussed:
• Leveraging data to understand customer segments, manage risks and enhance decision making.
• Mapping your journey from brick-and-mortar to eCommerce.
• Leveraging mobile technology to enhance your in-store experience.
• Making Mobile Payment for Everything a reality.
• Leveraging AI to impact your bottom line and CX.
• Real-World retail digital transformation stories.
• Order Fulfillment: Improving efficiency and speed of delivery.
• Understanding the key drivers within the South African retail sector.
• Understanding the digital customer’s journey.
• Utilizing technology to identify customer pain-points.
• Optimizing inventory management and supply chains with technology.
• Closing the gap between technology and personalization.
• Customer engagement with interactive digital signage and point-of-sale (POS) solutions.
• Delivering a technology platform that empowers the business and delights customers.
• Assessing emerging retail models and technologies that will define 2019 and beyond.
• Adapting to Generation Z — “the digital shopper”.
“In the same survey, Euromonitor International also asked industry professionals what aspects of commerce would be most impacted by key technologies like artificial intelligence. In the near term, respondents expected artificial intelligence to improve customer engagement, such as tailored marketing and personalized recommendations, as well as enhanced website search.
Despite the promise of these technologies, there are still companies that are not investing. No clear use case for businesses was the overwhelming reason that respondents gave for not investing in artificial intelligence. In fact, over 40% of respondents pointed to this as the top reason for not investing in IoT, augmented reality/virtual reality and AI.”