“Berkshire Grey’s platform goes beyond a robot and a gripper to incorporate computer vision. The addition of machine learning enables it to evaluate past tasks and improve them if needed: If a robot picks something without a good grab, the platform can identify the problem and resolve it in real time. “Our system will let it go, reset quickly and then repick it,” Blair says.”
- “Nearly 350 AI-powered bots – monikered Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) – help operators process ‘4,500 shipments an hour at twice the speed and with 99.9% accuracy’.
- India is one of the fastest-growing markets for e-commerce in the world. Buoyed by affordable smartphones, deeper penetration of internet and high consumption growth, this market is set to grow and exceed $100 billion by 2022.”
“Amazon’s fulfilment network comprises a variety of building types and sizes. Each of these is set up like a Manhattan-style grid and houses 1-4 million bins on the order of 10 million packages.”
“HubSpot research found that 80% of consumers would stop doing business with a company because of a poor customer experience.
Here are 5 key lessons ecommerce retailers can learn from Retailer B’s mistakes to ensure that they have a solid customer experience strategy in place for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Don’t skimp on infrastructure
- Optimise the user experience
- Take a long, hard look at order fulfillment
- Prepare customer service staff
- Make automation your friend”