- “The move toward more efficient digital processes has 75% of surveyed companies across all financial sectors saying that they now employ some form of high-performance computing, deep learning and ML to accelerate core computing.
- 43% of survey respondents who are implementing AI to improve their processes said that they are getting more accurate models, while 38% said AI provides a competitive edge over rivals.
- In the United Kingdom, less than half of HSBC’s customers are currently actively engaging with physical branches”
- “Most consumers are reaching for their phones or laptops first when it comes time to conduct routine financial tasks. PYMNTS data shows 70% of United States consumers at larger financial institutions (FIs) report this is the case.
- 41% of individuals in the same report stating mobile as their preferred banking channel of choice.
- 478 million households will count as “smart homes” by 2025 — filled with devices they will increasingly tap for banking and payments.
- 31% of U.S. consumers now have voice-activated speakers in their homes, for example, with a rising number of these owners making use of the devices for payments.
- 35.3 million wearable payment devices were sold in the first half of the year, indicating significant interest on the part of consumers.”
About the Tracker
“Walmart is piloting same-day grocery delivery in China via a new service called Walmart To Go.
According to a report in TechCrunch, customers in China can access the service via a mini-program within WeChat, which is the messaging app owned by China’s Tencent. Walmart partnered with WeChat earlier in 2018 to tap that market of consumers.”