“‘Today Portal and Oculus can teleport you into a room with another person, regardless of physical distance, or to new virtual worlds and experiences,’ Bosworth wrote. ‘But to achieve our full vision of the Metaverse, we also need to build the connective tissue between these spaces — so you can remove the limitations of physics and move between them with the same ease as moving from one room in your home to the next.’”
“Virtual and augmented reality. 3D printing. Natural language processing. Deep learning. The smart home. Driverless vehicles. Biometric technology. Genetically modified organisms. Brain-computer interfaces.
These, in descending order, are the top 10 most-invested-in emerging technologies in the United States, as ranked by number of deals. If you want to get a sense of which technologies will be shaping our future in the years to come, this probably isn’t a bad starting point.”
- “‘When I started this I thought it was going to be a novelty company,’ he said. ‘When the pandemic hit he knew we needed to do much more than that.’
- The projector can transmit images any time of the day or night, and using PORTL’s capture studio-in-a-box means that anyone with $60,000 to spend and a white background can beam themselves into any portal anywhere in the world.”
- “VR e-commerce technology is one of the many digital opportunities, like AI beauty tools and virtual consultations, that brands are seeking to offset losses from physical store closures.
- VR e-commerce startup Obsess, for example, has seen a 300% increase in inbound inquiries over the last four weeks
- Dior’s VR store offers shoppers of its French website a 360-degree, 3D e-commerce experience.
- According to Singh, the company’s VR stores have a 70% higher conversion rate than traditional grid e-commerce.”
“Q: So what’s next for you that you can tell us about?
A: There’s a lot of interesting stuff in the pipeline. I can not disclose it now, but I’ll give you a hint which is—this is a public fact—a recent acquisition of Eloquent Labs, which is a spin-off of Stanford devoted to cutting-edge conversational AI. We do think that that’s an area where we can come up with some really interesting products.”