“WhatsApp is fast becoming a store counter to discuss products and coordinate sales. Catalogs have allowed people to quickly see what’s available and helped businesses organise their chats around particular items. With more and more shopping happening through chats, we want to make buying and selling even easier,” WhatsApp said in a blog post.
“Built on an AI enabled 24*7 personal banking assistant, YES ROBOT, banking through WhatsApp provides convenience as well as highest level of information security – the messages are secured with end to end encryption. Also, the green badge against the Bank’s name ensures that customers are interacting with a verified business account.”
- “Yellow Messenger announced a $20 million series B round led by the US fund of Lightspeed Venture Partners on Friday.
- Its conversational AI platform is used by over 100 enterprises for customer and employee engagement.
- It’s hard to run call centres because they require people to go into large offices with dedicated telephony and computer equipment that can track and analyze calls. The way to keep these running is to automate them, and that’s where Yellow Messenger comes in.
- Indians are used to messaging on WhatsApp for a variety of purposes. So it’s not much of an ask to get consumers to choose products, quantities and delivery slots in a WhatsApp chat with an AI bot instead of an ecommerce portal.”
- “AI startup BOB uses WhatsApp to cater to essential services like bill payments, phone recharge, medicine ordering, booking a cab, ordering groceries, and even railway enquiries
- For this bunch of digital consumers – or what is commonly referred to as the next 500 million users – Bengaluru-based BOB has come up with a unique offering – a WhatsApp Superbot.
- ‘He realised that people who are using smartphones definitely use WhatsApp, but not necessarily other mobile apps. He figured out that the primary reason people easily adopt WhatsApp is the simple chat interface of WhatsApp supported with voice option.’
- The SuperBot, which is built using the latest AI and Machine learning technologies, in turn, utilises its Natural Language Processing (NLP) engine to understand and process these queries and voice commands and respond to them instantly.”
- “News from the social media’s F8 conference on Tuesday (April 30) said Facebook will soon let Marketplace sellers “ship items anywhere in the continental U.S., while (consumers will) be able to pay for purchases directly through the platform.
- That is only the latest addition and upgrade to Marketplace as Facebook tries to become a bigger player in eCommerce, with enhancements being powered by artificial intelligence (AI).
- WhatsApp is also getting a few feature, according to another report: “Facebook took the wraps off of Product Catalog, which will allow users to see what’s available from businesses participating in WhatsApp Business when the feature rolls out later this year.”