“The small, low-power screens range from basic displays for showing simple head-up information on sports eyewear, through to Full HD, RGB screens that can replicate a smartphone interface as though it’s floating in front of the wearer.”
“Pinterest recently announced “Complete the Look,” which leverages rich scene context to recommend visually compatible results in Fashion and Home Decor Pins. According to the company, “Complete the Look takes context like an outfit, body type, season, indoors vs. outdoors, various pieces of furniture, and the overall aesthetics of a room, to power taste-based recommendations across visual search technology.” This is an excellent example of how computer vision can truly personalize the shopping and sharing experience online and offline.”
- “The benefits of having an augmented reality view and one-touch purchase transaction without having to leave the native messaging application makes the eCommerce interaction super simple and seamless for consumers and changes the retail landscape forever,” comments Scott Starr , LivePerson AVP Retail. “Conversational Commerce leverages humans, artificial intelligence and now AR to deliver more personalized shopping experiences for consumers in the messaging channels they use each day.”
- NexTech has built its AR and AI eCommerce platform as an affordable, scalable, customizable, and most importantly, easy solution to integrate within an existing web interface, making NexTech one of the leaders in the rapidly growing AR industry, estimated to hit $120 billion by 2022, according to Statista.
- Gartner reports 100 million consumers will shop in augmented reality online and in-store by 2020. NexTech is building out its AR and AI eCommerce offerings, which include using AI to create a guided and knowledgeable curator that can be programmed to be used for eCommerce, retail and education.”
Image credit: Modular4KC.com
- “The virtual fitting market size to grow from USD 2.9 billion in 2019 to USD 7.6 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 20.9% during 2019-2024
- The major growth factor for the market is the increase in the adoption of advanced technologies such as AR and VR.
- Another factor that is contributing to the market is the growing eCommerce trend and shift of consumer toward online shopping.
- According to the Census Bureau of the Department of Commerce, the retail eCommerce sales for the fourth quarter of 2018 was USD 132.8 billion.”
Enhance store navigation with AR
“The widespread use of smart phones makes the device a primary target for implementing AR technology. With smart phones comes mobile apps, and those that feature personalized AR navigation can help retailers deliver a new level of customer engagement in-store. Whether a consumer wants to search for a product by general term, specific brand name, product or unique product code, apps like these enable the shopper to search in a variety of ways, according to their individual needs.
Once a shopper finds the desired product on the app, they can tap on the item to begin navigation from the shopper’s precise location to the product’s shelf location. By simply following their phone’s AR-enabled navigation to each item, the shopper can complete their trip with more ease than ever before. Using AR to better navigate a store according to preferences or existing shopping lists allows customers to experience easier findability and increased discovery of applicable products.”